Export Navigator Advisor – Contract Position
The Export Navigator Program is a provincial and federal government initiative that aims to address the issues business owners encounter in exporting to remove barriers to growing and expanding a company. The Program provides businesses with access to community-based Export Advisors who will provide a personalized, step-by-step approach to exporting and help connect businesses to the appropriate programs, services, and contacts at every stage of the export process.
Community Futures Cowichan is the Export Navigator service provider for select communities across Southern Vancouver Island. We are seeking a qualified contractor to be an Export Navigator Advisor to work with local businesses on the benefits of exporting and assist them through the exporting process.
The ideal candidate will have successful experience related to the following:
- Business owner or corporate management experience in, and responsibility for business expansion and diversification
- Exposure to all aspects of business operations and understand the important inter- dependency between a company’s departments and the impact to each when expanding or exporting
- Experience selling products/services in other jurisdictions, provinces or countries.
- International experience for an understanding and appreciation of other business cultures
In this role the Export Navigator Advisor will:
- Promote the benefits of exporting as a way for a company to grow and diversify
- Be an advisor and coach to clients to assist them through the exporting process
- Take client through an export-readiness diagnostic, and work with them through the Export Navigator process
- Be motivated and proactive to seek out companies and opportunities to promote the Export Navigator Program
- Have a flexible schedule and can travel to meet with clients
- Fulfil the tracking and reporting requirements of the Program
A competitive compensation package is available based on experience. Training provided and ongoing support from the Export Navigator Program.
Community Futures Cowichan is a not for profit community economic development organization with a mandate to help diversify the local and regional economy through small business development and community partnerships.
Please inquire in person or email to:
Cathy Roberston- General Manager
250-746-1004 Ext. 222