1ST COOK – FARM TABLE INN
Our busy Farm to Table Fine Dining restaurant is looking for an experienced, forward-thinking 1st Cook who is passionate about culinary arts. The ideal candidate for this position will be a natural team player who always has a finger on the pulse of current culinary trends. This position will be responsible for prep work in the kitchen, preparing meals for our diners, creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals and keeping a sanitized work area and partnering with the Chef to come up with delectable new dishes to add to our growing menu.
We are seeking an individual who has experience in the food service industry and is committed to impeccable food presentation and garnishing, which is important for impressing our guests and creating repeat business. If you are passionate about the restaurant industry and have prior experience as a 1st Cook, we invite you to apply today. Click Here for a video describing the Farm Table Inn.
1. Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen
2. Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas and all food storage areas meet restaurant cleaning standards
3. Work with team of cooks to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed
4. Supervise other kitchen staff and delegate tasks related to meal prep, cooking and delivering food to diners in a timely fashion
5. Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a schedule created by the restaurant.
6. Keep up with industry trends and create new recipes in collaboration with the Sous Chef
Education & Experience Required
1. Red Seal Certification or equivalent
2. 5+ years’ line cooking and Equivalent kitchen experience.
3. 2+ years Kitchen Supervisory experience.
4. Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more a day.
5. High level of professionalism.
6. Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
7. Excellent verbal communication and organization skills.
8. Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds at a time on a regular basis.
These are the basic requirements for the position. We strive to hire candidates that want to exceed these and be amazing. Remuneration will be based on these skills and experience in this type of position. Please send cover letter and resume outlining your experience to Brenda Burch at Bjork Recruiting firstname.lastname@example.org